Lonely Planet Best of India is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Gaze at the iconic Taj Mahal, ride a camel through a magical desert scene in Jaisalmer, or hit the famous beaches of Goa; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet Best of India:
• Full-colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, customs, etiquette, religion.
• Over 50 colour maps.
Coverage Includes: Delhi, Agra, the Taj Mahal, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Mumbai, Ajanta, Ellora, Goa, Kerala, Karnataka, Darjeeling, Varanasi, Himachal Pradesh and more.